Friday 1 November 2013

Chess Piece

This chess piece is not very accurate on porportion. What I drew is probably 3x bigger than the original chess piece. In terms of value, It all depends on the lighting of said object. Given the light when I drew the piece I'd say it's accurate. The whole thing was pretty dark, especially the left side.

     I created pattern by putting two symmetrical lines in the background. This also helps show movement, as the lines are going to the right. I chose to put my piece on the left side and have the lines starting at the left side, moving towards the right, which also helps show movement.

     I made it the focal point by making it the boldest thing in the drawing. The background, while having shaded areas, they are not shaded to the same degree that the chess piece is.

No comments:

Post a Comment